Friday, July 8, 2011

Golden State

One of the most daring things a West Coast American can do is move East Coast... and guess what East Coasters find daring? Yep, trekking to the West Coast. Everyone in New York City has a crazy fascination with California, whether they prefer to live in NYC or make it out there one day. Those moving to California are glowing and excited for what is considered some sort of Ultimate Goal. The excited response I get from telling people I am homegrown Californian makes me gloat just a little bit... even though I've always been proud of my West Coast ways.

When I saw this necklace I thought it was overpriced but I couldn't resist. The necklace is complete with a California-shaped charm which says "CALIFORNIA" inside of it. It came in gold or silver but duh, had to get it in gold for my principles.



No matter where I move to or live, the idea of home is always in those hot little Riverside streets with the orange groves and crowded freeways to the beach, the way I perceived reality and the way my world was shaped in development all stems from growing up in (Southern!) California. Though I'm currently happier where I am now, I'm still nostalgic and miss it at times. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment