Monday, July 19, 2010

Another Summer Weekend

The summer is slipping by in a weird way. It's a little sad. I'm not having the typical fun, free-for-all, crazy summer people always have. I don't have many friends, I'm alone in a new city, in such a primitive situation moving in, I'm almost waiting for the summer to pass, or maybe just the time, so that I'll be settled and up to speed.

This past weekend was the first weekend I actually stayed the night at my studio. I was worried it would feel uncomfortable, or a little scary... but I loved it!! I was reunited with all of my things, and felt SO much more at home! I loved waking up to the brick wall, a kitchen, a full-sized refrigerator, and not even having to put on shoes to go to the bathroom. Even the blue carpet is homely and is the same shade that was in my dad's home in Ontario for years.

The problem is the heat. I'm thinking that I may actually break down and buy A/C. I'm not saying I can't deal with it... but I can't anymore, I don't want to. If it's just a month and a half... and my place is so small, it shouldn't be so bad to run it. And after spending so much of the weekend indoors because I was sick... I think I had heat stroke by the end. I am just tired of all this work, alone, in the heat. But I do so love my place! I even love the neighborhood.

My coworkers are also being awesome! Over the weekend one of them came by with some overstock stuff from his parents house upstate and I scored 2 drinking glasses, 2 beer mugs, a small cooking pot, 3 coffee mugs (even though I have no shortage of those in my stuff in California!), 4 small ceramic plates with small matching cups. Then today, my coworker gave me a housewarming present... it was a black silicone spatula in the shape of an electric guitar! Isn't this so sweet? This is exactly it:



So far through this whole process I can say that I am learning patience. And I have also discovered some strength. How deep. Everyone check the comments to see what Ronnie will come up with to combat that

No comments:

Post a Comment