Monday, July 19, 2010

Groceries!!

I made an impromptu trip to the store on my way home from work today, and I don't even know why. I think it's because everytime I go to the store I already have an agenda and I leave thinking "what did I even get?" and come home still feeling empty handed. I wanted to just go in and look.

I left with all those essentials you just HAVE and don't realize you need until you really need them! I got flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder, salt, Pam spray, olive oil, honey, peanut butter, jam, pancake mix, syrup, hand soap, disinfectant wipes, and even some meals to take for lunch at work. It only came to $40 too! (That's good right? It seemed good to me...) and I was so proud stocking my shelves, it looks and feels so much more like a home knowing I can bake and cook (even if all the pans are still missing!) I don't know why I'm only getting this satisfaction now, it's been so long since I moved away from home.



My last hurdle in this apartment is going to be my dresser. One of my coworkers (same one who gave me the spatula!) generously offered to let me borrow her Jetta if I needed it, suggesting an Ikea dresser since they're still in boxes and easier to transport. Isn't that so sweet? I'm just still debating if I want to bother with assembling or if I should try to find one with delivery, or what. Once I get this thing it feels like it will be all downhill after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment