Thursday, July 22, 2010

The New Trains

Though I did not move too far from where I had been living originally, I have different options of taking the train to work.

Option 1: Continuing taking the #1 train. It's two blocks away, tends to be more crowded

so I've begun taking

Option 2: Grabbing the B or C train from the 103rd St stop 1 block away, and transferring to the #1 train at Columbus Circle.

I LOVE my newfound train route. The B & C hit the same station and platform at 103rd street. It's a lovely walk through a nice parkside neighborhood, where I can jump on a train right away since there are 2 different lines running through it. It's not as crowded, I can always get a seat, and when I transfer to the #1, it's the easiest thing ever: I simply walk up the stairs right where it lets off and I am on the platform for the #1 train, which gets off at 28th street, aka my work's block corner. It couldn't be easier or more convenient.



My gradual mastery of the public transportation system, along with the normalcy of taking it to/from work makes me think I am acclimating

No comments:

Post a Comment