Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sweet Success!

I can't even verbalize the agony this window has put me through. First with the embarrassing can't-open-gate story with the super, then couldn't open the window itself at all. With the stifling heat and humidity, seeing that window but unable to open it... I felt like that character in Greek mythology who, as his punishment in Hades, stood starving and thirsty knee-deep in water and just below hanging grapes, and, each time he bent down to scoop up water it receded, and everytime he reached for grapes they rose just above his grasp.

I don't know what did it, my determination I guess, but somehow i OPENED IT! It took manipulating, maneuvering, and I'm not even sure I opened it correctly but here it is... wide open letting in sunshine and cool air, making my once stuffy and baking studio a fresh, breezy, open and liveable place to be!



In the words of Johnny Drama....

Victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment