Saturday, July 17, 2010

East Side + My Place On The West Side

Ronnie really wants me to blog about the following, so I will, because he's the best (read: only) friend I have out here :) :) :)

We met up when I got off work on the posh midtown East Side at some cafe with a Spanish name Ronnie said incessantly that I couldn't remember, so I referred to it as "Don Juan van Pedro-san Cafe" and decided we were going to eat. The thing with Ronnie is that he loves this little finder app on his phone so he always wants to look up "Asian buffet" restaurants that we walk around forever looking for, and it looked like it was going to happen again.

Me: "Ronnie, I don't feel like walking all over the city again!"
Ronnie: "But I thought you said you wanted to lose weight!"

Right after he said this, a girl in front of us instinctively not only turned around to look at us, but gave me the most obvious once over ever!! I don't know why it was so humiliating but I just couldn't believe that girl had the nerve to look me up and down like that, in front of both of us, at the mention that I wanted to lose weight! Ronnie got a huge kick out of it, and I got a huge kick out of the next hour.... when we were finally sitting down eating at our Chinese restaurant and Ronnie made the comment that he "is neutral! I AM SWEDEN!"

(Note: Switzerland is the neutral one...)



Here's a nice picture of Swedish Royal Family that I guess Ronnie is apart of. I actually have this exact picture on a postcard that I bought when I was in Stockholm, I was so tickled by all the Royal Family pictures

* * *

This morning I moved out of my air conditioned room and am now officially in my studio! My bed was delivered earlier this week and tonight will be my first night sleeping there. It feels a little strange, just because it will be my first night, and I haven't spent so much time there. I hope it starts to feel like home soon. There is just so much that I need! Like a dresser, shelves, a mirror... right now my clothes are just piled in a corner! The problem with getting stuff is threefold...

1. Money. I need to be patient and accumulate things slowly
2. Delivery and transportation... if I buy it off craigslist from someone, how do I get it home? If I buy it online, I need to be home to accept the delivery
3. Assembly. It's hard putting stuff together! Especially all by myself!

I just really need to be patient. If I ever thought that I lived "on my own" before, this is such a wake up call! I really am the only one dealing with the landlord or super, buying furniture, carrying things up 4 flights of stairs, assembling by myself in stifling heat, etc. Sometimes I just want to give up and find a sugar daddy

Without internet at the new place, I find myself out and about in the city more (at a Starbucks now!) and not refrigerating in my room. We meet again every day, New York City!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose,

    I am really enjoying your posts. Yes, be patient. You are though. Wow, did you know that you can arrow around this site and read other peoples post?? Ha Ha......

    Love Ya KI KI,
    Aunt Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete