Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Heat" Wave

Many people have been hearing about the "Crippling Heat Wave Blanketing the East Coast" (as one news article put it). Now I'm NOT saying that it is not hot. It is. And it's humid so it's thicker and heavy. But STILL... cry me a river!!

It's really NOT that bad. I mean, I grew up in Riverside. With no A/C. I played school sports in triple degree heat. My summers were spent in my bathing suit, eating popsicles, in and out of cold showers, laying wet washcloths on my forehead, trying to built forts in front of an open refrigerator. Soooo a few days of heat that has once cracked 100... they're all just wimps around here!

To be fair... I was at Cape Cod last weekend at the beach (which was so fun but I left my camera at my friends house in Boston!) and during the week I'm at my work in the air conditioning... but I still go outside, I still feel it! It's the worst when you're in the steaming, stale tunnels of the subway. That's the worst. But it's underground and temporary.

YES it's hot and I will suffer without A/C in my new place but NO, it's nothing I haven't dealt with before. Grow up New York, try the desert for a change!

1 comment:

  1. Stay cool. ;)

    Hope you move finished well. I know I dislike moving more than almost anything. Peace, maka

    ReplyDelete