Friday, July 9, 2010

First Encounter With The Super + Surprise!

There was thie awful huge gate over my fire escape window that neither me nor Ronnie could actually open. This little latch just would not budge when we tried to push the gate open. With how hot it was (and just wanting to have access to my place anyway!) I wanted to be able to open the window to get a breeze going, since I could only open the one by the kitchen. I called the super the help with what I figured could only be a painted shut gate, and he wasn't available until the next day (yesterday).

After work I went to the new place, called the super and waited for him to come over. (Mentally noting how I MUST get curtains! My only view are brick walls and my neighbors windows which are oh-so-close!) The super came over, he was pretty young, sounded maybe Eastern European? And you know what he did? He walked over to the gate, to that sticky latch... and LIFTED IT UP. Problem solved. It was so humiliating. I had to explain a million times that I was not from NYC and I had no idea. He didn't seem upset at all though, I think he was laughing. I must have looked so pathetic though. I mean, no furniture, suitcases with clothes everywhere, one lone fan in the corner, and all I had to do was lift UP. At least he was nice about it!

In other news, I got a great surprise from the HR department! Apparently some confusion with my payroll (they say I didn't submit my hours!) and so I didn't get paid, and now I can't get paid until the NEXT pay period where I will get a double paycheck. GREAT. Just threw my life savings at the apartment, now I'll be living off of WHAT?! for the next two weeks, and say goodbye to those curtains and furniture for the time being. I'm just so irritated with the whole thing, it's such a bad time for this to happen. Something tells me I'll be eating a lot of spaghetti.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm broke too! No worries!

    and also the window latch.....

    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

    OH WELL!

    ReplyDelete